SpyHunter Review
Anti-Spyware Reports
Overall rating 

Ease of Use 

Features 

Effectiveness 

Support 

spyhunter 4 is ransomware, wants money and will not uninstall

I download SpyHunter 4 to remove a piece of malware, and it has turned out to be much worse than the malware I wanted to remove.

I still have both on my computer, and the customer service seems to be available only to people who purchase the whole version.

Pros
Quickly found the source of the issues that I was having with my computer, along with more potential problems that I was not aware of. When you click on the "fix these problems" it sends you to a web site to purchase the full version $40 (and they re-bill you every 6 months). "Helpful" notices continue to pop up constantly to remind you that you have problems, and "are you sure you want to run this program" pop up all the time.
Cons
WILL NOT UNINSTALL!! I ran the uninstall provided, and it removed the program from the 'add or remove programs' list, and also from the start menu, so I can not access the program anymore. The problem is that all the popups continue, along with the reminders to purchase the full version. And when one of these windows pop up it halts every process, severely slowing down my computer.
Which kind of user you are/were?
Trial
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering