Are you fed up with your computer running like a turtle? Slow performing computer can give you pain in the head, as you keep on waiting for several minutes in order for it to load, especially on instances when you are in a hurry and need to beat some deadlines. Hence, if your computer is presently giving you some headaches due to its awful performance then take note of the things that you can do to speed up your computer; and finally resolve slow PC problems.
Slow performing computer is a symptom that tells you that there is something wrong with your unit. Thus you need to uncover the possible causes for its poor performance in order to effectively resolve the issue. However, investigating the computer to find out the problems could take some time; and in some cases it requires some advanced technical skills in order to perform the operation.
Therefore, to make things easier for you to do, I have outlined 5 things that you can do to speed up your computer.
1) Clean the hard drive. Hard drives with only little amount of free space, especially the Drive C where your operating system is installed, can tremendously slowdown the computer. Hence, you need to go through your drives and delete files that you no longer need. If most of the files are important to you, such as family pictures and videos, then it is best to place them on a disc or external memory drive, so that you can delete the files and keep your computer drives sleek and healthy.
2) Check for computer virus and remove them. Presence of virus in your unit can cause significant slowdown on its performance; that is why you need to check if your unit is infected with one of the numerous computer viruses to ensure that this is not causing the deterioration of its performance.
3) Free up some RAM space. Your Random Access Memory can significantly affect the computer performance. If RAM is overloaded with too many processed files, to the extent of only little free space is left, your computer will start to slowdown; and in some cases it may cause the unit to freeze. If you receive balloon message on your unit, telling you that your virtual memory is low, then you need to free up some RAM space and you will observe some improvement.
4) Remove malicious programs. Spywares and adware can potentially harm your unit; causing it to slowdown. To resolve the problem you need to run a malware removal tool to eliminate all malicious products; and make your computer run faster.
5) Clean the Registry. Bloated registry can cause several troubles; including slowdown issues. Get an excellent registry cleaner to effectively conduct the cleaning process and your computer will perform better.
Try to follow the suggested procedures to solve slowdown issues with your computer and you shall soon observe that your unit starts to run faster and better than ever.