Review Detail

Overall rating 

Ease of Use 

Features 

Effectiveness 

Support 

scam

i believe this is a scam on their part to scare you into believing you have major virus on your computer and need to spend additional money up to 500 dollars to get your computer fixed properly

Which kind of user you are/were?
Paid Customer
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1  

Ordering 

Written by Ruby Elrod
March 10, 2018
The same thing happened to me. I work with patient medical records and got a message that a certain driver wasn't working. I transcribe medical records from my home. They told me I had over 2,700 viruses and 2 Trojans, one of which could look into everything I had on the computer. It would take engineers, not technicians, to fix it. A Microsoft engineer could fix it for $500 and monitor it for a year for $1,999 or they had a McAfee engineer there who could fix it and then monitor it for three years for $1,000. In order to get my computer cleaned I had to pay the $1,000. When I called the surgery office on Monday, they had had the same message, and it turned out to be just a glitch in the computer system I was trying to connect to. I called CHASE credit card company to put a hold on the charge, and they are working on it now. I guess they're still in business because of ignorant, scared people like me.
1 results - showing 1 - 1